Hey 5TH AND 6TH GRADERS!
- Do you like to play games with your family or wish you could?
- Do you need more help with how to resist peer pressure and handle stress?
- Do you wish you had more time to tell your parents how you really feel inside about school, going to middle school, friends, anything
SFP 10-14 is 7 weeks of friend & family interaction playing games & talking about important things!
Four good reasons for joining SFP 10-14:
- Play fun games with friends and parents
- Spend 1-on-1 time with parents or caregivers
- Learn to get along better as a family
- Find out how to handle conflict & peer pressure at school
- West Sioux is giving away a free sports punch pass to families that complete 4 out of 7 sessions. There are other great incentives to!
Free family meal & activities for younger children during the parent and youth sessions.
When: Tuesdays, March 6 – April 24 (no March 13th)
Where: Youth for Christ Teen Center
1305 23rd St, Hawarden, IA
Family Meal: 5:30-6pm
Parent, kids & family sessions: 6-8pm
Activities for younger family members provided.
SFP 10-14 is a fun, interactive substance abuse prevention program for 5th & 6th graders and their parents/ caregivers. Parents want to protect their children, but it’s challenging. Youth need skills to help them resist the peer pressure that leads to risky behaviors. Research shows that protective parenting improves family relationships and decreases the level of family conflict, contributing to lower levels of substance use.